THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS LIKE...
- Gravity affects everybody regardless of who you are. "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord" (Philippians 2:10- 11, paraphrase).
- Gravity is what it is. Its impact on human beings is dependent on how they treat it. "I am who I am" (Exodus 3:14).
- Gravity does not change. "I, the Lord, do not change" (Malachi 3:6; see also Hebrews 13:8 & Psalm 89:34).
- Gravity affects everybody regardless of what you believe about it. "For there is no partiality with God" (Romans 2:11).
- Gravity exists despite its invisible nature. "God is Spirit" (John 4:24).
- Gravity is understood by its evidences. "That which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what He has made, so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:19- 20).
Most people have no greater knowledge of gravity than the awareness that when they jump up, they come back down. These folks live their entire lives with a general disregard of its power and effect...accept when they are in danger of falling.
There are a few however (very few), who spend their entire lives studying gravity. They have an intimate awareness of it, and their relationship to it. It is their expertise and sacrifice that has enabled man to walk on the moon.*
Such is the Kingdom of God.
* Man first walked on the moon more than 41 years ago in 1969. Way more than 99% of us have no technical idea how it was possible. Today, in fact, some believe it was all a hoax. That it never actually happened...but it did!
This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror so you can read it every day.
|| The Orthodox Faith (Dogma) || Family and Youth || Sermons || Bible Study || Devotional || Spirituals || Fasts & Feasts || Coptics || Religious Education || Monasticism || Seasons || Missiology || Ethics || Ecumenical Relations || Church Music || Pentecost || Miscellaneous || Saints || Church History || Pope Shenouda || Patrology || Canon Law || Lent || Pastoral Theology || Father Matta || Bibles || Iconography || Liturgics || Orthodox Biblical topics || Orthodox articles || St Chrysostom |||| Bible Study || Biblical topics || Bibles || Orthodox Bible Study || Coptic Bible Study || King James Version || New King James Version || Scripture Nuggets || Index of the Parables and Metaphors of Jesus || Index of the Miracles of Jesus || Index of Doctrines || Index of Charts || Index of Maps || Index of Topical Essays || Index of Word Studies || Colored Maps || Index of Biblical names Notes || Old Testament activities for Sunday School kids || New Testament activities for Sunday School kids || Bible Illustrations || Bible short notes
|| Prayer of the First Hour || Third Hour || Sixth Hour || Ninth Hour || Vespers (Eleventh Hour) || Compline (Twelfth Hour) || The First Watch of the midnight prayers || The Second Watch of the midnight prayers || The Third Watch of the midnight prayers || The Prayer of the Veil || Various Prayers from the Agbia || Synaxarium